Thursday, September 23, 2004

Liberal Democrat vs. Neo-Labour

A few people seemed to be under the impression that serious and positive political change can be gained by voting for the Liberal Democrats – to them I ask what is the difference between them and Neo-Labour? They both get sponsorship from McDonalds (Lib/Lab), they both embrace the free market; indeed the same business-head seem to have infected both parties; "A senior adviser to the Liberal Democrats who quit his role as chairman of its working group on employment claims the party has been "hijacked by a coterie of laissez-faire economists"...."

1 comment:

alias420 said...

I used to vote Libdem, until the shameful business with the leaflets in the Isle of Dogs in 1993.

Since then, I've voted Green wherever possible, and Libdem as a fall-back strategic position. The only thing that I hope to help achieve with a Libdem vote is electoral reform (i.e. some form of PR). If they ever get sufficient power to achieve that, but fail to do so, they'll never get another vote from me again. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if they go "New Libdem" on the electorate in order to win that power, though.